Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - 4 Stars
Really really enjoyed reading this book. I'm a big fan of logic puzzles and even though I've never been a gamer I felt like it was easy to get through the story and follow along with Wade. Of course I got a kick out of the 80s references- some were a little obscure for (being born in '84) but funny none-the-less.
Easy read, highly recommend if you're looking for something light and fun. Amazon weighs in with a little synopsis and then for some 80s food!
In the year 2044, reality is an ugly place. The only time teenage Wade Watts really feels alive is when he's jacked into the virtual utopia known as the OASIS. Wade's devoted his life to studying the puzzles hidden within this world's digital confines—puzzles that are based on their creator's obsession with the pop culture of decades past and that promise massive power and fortune to whoever can unlock them.
MENU - 80s Night!
Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Sandwiches
1. Apply jam to both sides of cookies
2. Smush together to create sandwiches.
"Handi-snack" Cheese and Crackers
1. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Homemade Pudding Pops
1. Beat ingredients with whisk 2 min.
2. Pour into 6 paper or plastic cups. Insert wooden pop stick or plastic spoon in center of each cup.
3. Freeze 5 hours or until firm. Peel off paper cups before serving.